A condominium is a cube of air, defined by floor and ceiling elevations and interior walls. At Compass Surveying, we have been preparing condominium surveys for decades as required under the Illinois Condominium Act (765 ILCS 605/5). Our condominium surveys include:
- All angular and linear data along the exterior boundaries of the parcel (in other words, the plat must show the shape and dimensions of the legal description of the land subject to the Condominium Property Act; this information usually appears on the first page of the condominium plat)
- The location of all improvements on the parcel in relation to the exterior boundaries of the parcel (i.e. the distance from the boundaries of the land to the condominium building)
- The elevations of the unfinished or finished ceilings and floors
- The location and dimensions of the interior walls of each unit in relation to the exterior boundaries of the parcel of land
- The elevation and location of any condominium unit or part of a unit that is located outside any building on the condominium property (i.e. a garage or parking space)
- The unit number or symbol of each unit
Compass has provided comprehensive and accurate condominium surveys for residential, commercial, industrial, and office conversions for more than two decades. Our accurate and complete condominium documents, prepared in conjunction with declaration documents, eliminate problems, questions and uncertainty, helping to ensure closings are smooth, easy and worry-free. Contact us today.